Did You Know? - Gainesville
Discounts and benefits vary from campus to campus, but many companies have standard policies in place for Active Military, Military Veterans, VA Disability recipients, and their dependents. Below you'll find information on companies in the Gainesville community that offer benefits and discounts to our Military students.
- Finish Line: 10% discount for Active Duty and Veterans in stores with proof of service.
- Old Navy: Every Monday is "Military Monday." This is a 10% discount for Active Military, Retired, Reserves, and Dependents.
- Payless: 10% discount on non-sale items with Veterans/Dependent ID.
- Home Depot: 10% discount to Active and Retired Military not to exceed $500 in savings. Discount applies to Active Reserves, Retired, and Disabled Veterans.
- Lowe's: 10% discount to Active Duty, Retried Veterans, and VA disability not to exceed $500 in savings. Must posses a VA card to qualify.
- RadioShack: 10% for Active Duty, Retired, and Dependents. Most forms of military ID are accepted.
- Advance Auto Parts: 10% discount off all items except Sales. Discount applies to Active Military and Veterans with proof of ID. Dependents also receive discount.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts: 2% to 20% discount on varying items. Some items do not offer discount. Veteran's ID is accepted.
- AT&T: 15% discount on service charges. This is not 15% off entire bill, just the individual services. Bring your DD-214 to your local AT&T store to redeem.
- Verizon: 15% discount off plan services only, not the entire bill. 25% off accessories. Use DD-214, Military ID, or Veteran's ID.
- Kirklands: 10% discount for all Active Duty and Retired personnel. This discount may be combined with other promotions.
- Mattress Firm: 10% discount to Active Duty and Retired. May not be combined with other promotions.
- Penske Truck Rental: 10% military discount. 20% when booked online.
- Texas Road House: 10% discount at most locations to Active Duty and Veterans. Some locations are privately owned and may not participate.
- Zaxbys: 10% discount at most locations to Active Duty and Veterans. Some locations may not participate.
- Sport Clips: 10% to 20% discount depending on the location.
- Greyhound: Option 1 - 10% discount for active duty and retired. Option 2 - Maximum fare of $259 anywhere in the continental United States.
The above listing is for informational purposes only and does not represent endorsement by the University of North Georgia or its affiliates.