How to Post or Update an On-Campus Student Assistant Position
To Log Into the System
- Go to the Career Services webpage at www.ung.edu/careers .
- Click on the UNG Job Board link on the right side of the page.
- Select “Employers”.
- Select “Sign In”.
- Log into the system using the Access ID and the Password for your campus, provided by Career Services (contact them if you do not yet have it).
To Post a Job
- From this page, select “Post a New Job.”
- Complete the required and other fields; the more information you can provide, the better!
- It is essential that you include your department name in the “Job Title” (ex: “Student Assistant- Career Services”) so that you will be able to easily identify your job when later making updates, expiring it, etc. Please always follow this format.
- Be sure to select “student assistant” under the category of “Type of Job” (otherwise it will default to “full time”).
- If you have multiple openings of the same position, you can notate that in the job description. If you have different positions in the same office, enter them separately.
- Update the contact information to reflect the contact information for your department, so that students will know to whom to submit the information, or who to contact should they have questions.
- Save the job posting. It will become visible to students once Career Services approves it (this is a formality only, a step that was put in place for off-campus jobs).
To Edit/Archive/Repost a Job
- Log into the UNG Job Board at http://www.collegecentral.com/ung and select “Post, Edit, Repost, or Expire Job Postings”.
- Find the position you wish to work with:
- To view your job as students would see it, select the ID number.
- To edit your job, select the “Edit” button to the right of the job title.
- To archive your position once it is filled (or if you just no longer want to post it), select the “Expire” button to the right of the job title.
- If you wish to repost a position once it is expired, select the “Repost” button to the right of the job title.