There are many things to consider when planning on transferring to another institution to complete your education goals. Transferring is a different process than applying as a high school student. Here are a few tips and things to consider:
- What are the school's application deadlines?
- What is the cost of the application?
- Do you need to send only UNG transcripts or do you also need high school transcripts?
- Make sure you have UNG and all other institutions send your transcripts or scores directly. DO NOT have them send to you first.
- Do you need letters of recommendation?
- Is there a separate application for the institution and your major? Are there separate deadlines?
- Financial Aid does not automatically follow you. Contact the school's Financial Aid Office directly to insure proper transfer of your financial aid.
- Meet with your academic advisor to stay on track with course selection and planning.
- "Work backwards." Have the mindset of "If I was enrolled at my new institution today, what classes would I be taking? Where would I be in my career planning?"
- Get to know these terms:
- residency requirement
- articulation agreement
- transferrable GPA
- STAY ORGANIZED! Keep track of deadlines, paperwork, and contacts. Make sure to keep a record of the people you speak with at each institution.
- Ask questions! We are here to help!
For more information, stop by or call Career Services