Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification for Healthcare Organizations – Online
This course covers implementing the Lean Six Sigma methodology in healthcare settings to improve patient satisfaction and deliver bottom line results. Participants will learn the five-phase DMAIC project approach, and will learn quality tools that they can apply immediately at their workplaces. Lean Six Sigma can be used to improve scheduling, office management, supply ordering, record keeping, and most importantly, patient satisfaction. Upon successful completion of the class, students will earn their Green Belt Certification. Yellow Belt concepts will be covered, and no prior Six Sigma training is required.
This is an instructor-led, on-line course with individual assignments, exams, group discussions, and one live online session each week.Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- The DMAIC Project Roadmap
- Capturing the Voice of the Customer
- Project Selection and Scope
- The Project Charter
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Six Sigma Teams
- The Cost of Quality
- Mapping Processes
- Graphical Analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Analysis Tools for Teams
- Introduction to Statistics
- Measures of Central Tendency & Dispersion
- The Normal Distribution
- Confidence Intervals
- Hypothesis Testing
- The Six Sigma Shift
- Process Capability
- Control Charts
- Lean: Eight Wastes, Visual Management, 5S, SMED, Mistake proofing
What is Lean Six Sigma?
It combines several methodologies:
- Six Sigma is an enterprise-wide, project-driven quality improvement approach that emphasizes a systematic approach to problem solving and making decisions based on data. Six Sigma results in increased customer satisfaction, improved quality and reduced costs.
- DMAIC is a five-step methodology used for projects aimed at improving an existing business process.
- Lean is a method that concentrates on reducing waste by improving work flow and eliminating mistakes.
Together, these methodologies provide healthcare organizations a powerful means to reduce waste, improve customer service, and reduce costs.
Online course features include:
- Audio presentations with corresponding visuals
- Online discussion boards
- Weekly, instructor-led, live Web sessions
- Lessons on the Six Sigma philosophy, DMAIC methodology, graphical analysis tools, statistical calculations, and lean principles
- Healthcare-specific, authentic learning exercises and discussion topics