Article 2 - Student Code Authority and Jurisdiction
- The Student Code of Conduct shall apply to the conduct of all Students at all University campuses from the time of admission through the actual awarding of a degree. This includes conduct that occurs (i) on University Premises, (ii) at University-sponsored activities, (iii) off-campus if the conduct adversely affects the University community and/or the pursuit of its objectives, (iv) before classes begin or after classes end, and (v) during periods between terms of actual enrollment. Examples include: class-related outings and field trips, off-campus University athletic events, study abroad programs, co-ops, internships.
- The Corps of Cadets is a military organization and a high standard of military discipline is expected. The Corps of Cadets is governed by regulations from the Corps of Cadets Blue Book and also the rules and policies established by the University Student Code of Conduct.
- The Student Conduct process will continue if the student withdraws from school while a conduct matter is pending.
- The Student Conduct procedures apply to all student conduct, except matters relating to sexual misconduct, which is covered in a separate policy and section of the Student Handbook.
- The Student Code of Conduct also applies to student organizations.
- Student Conduct proceedings may be initiated and pursued for conduct that potentially violates both criminal law and the Student Code of Conduct, without regard to the pendency of civil or criminal. All students should report any arrests within 72 hours of the incident, except for those involving minor traffic offenses.
- All communication regarding the Student Code of Conduct will be sent via University email. Therefore, all communications are considered received by the student to whom they were sent.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs or designee shall decide whether the Student Code of Conduct shall be applied to events occurring off campus other than at University-sponsored activities, on a case by case basis.