Skype Video Financial Aid Counseling
You can now meet with a financial aid counselor without leaving home or work! The University of North Georgia (UNG) Financial Aid Office now provides limited Skype™ financial aid counseling appointments on Wednesdays between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
If this is your first time scheduling a Skype™ financial aid counseling appointment, please read the following steps carefully. We want your experience to be satisfactory.
How to Schedule a Skype™ Video Appointment
Schedule an appointment using your UNG email address. We can’t respond to third party email addresses requesting an appointment. Use email@example.com to request your Skype™ Financial Aid Counseling appointment.
- All emails sent from non-UNG email accounts will be deleted.
- You will need access to Skype on your computer or phone. Please note a stationary computer in a quiet environment will provide the most effective and positive experience.
- The email subject line should read: “Schedule Skype Appointment”.
- Provide the following in the email:
- Your Skype™ user name
- Your UNG 900 number
- Your primary phone number
- A detailed description of what you wish to discuss.
- If an exact time is needed, please specify. We may or may not be able to accommodate this request.
- You will receive an email response from firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 business days to confirm your appointment time.
- All appointments are scheduled for Wednesdays between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. EST/EDT.
- Video counseling sessions are scheduled in 20 minute increments. If you exceed this amount, you may need to schedule a follow up appointment.
Preparing for Your Skype™ Video Appointment
- You will be Skype™ called at your scheduled appointment time using the username you provided.
- The email@example.com email account does not accept requests for in-person appointments or general questions. All unrelated emails will be deleted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your financial aid questions.
- Your punctuality is appreciated. We will make three attempts to contact you. If you are not available after the third attempt, your appointment will be canceled.
- We can’t answer Skype™ video/chat without a scheduled appointment.
- If you can’t make your video counseling appointment, let us know immediately.
- Your video counseling session is intended for one student at a time. Your parents or guardians are welcome to join you as long as you are present on camera. We cannot answer questions for multiple students in one appointment.