SkillSoft eLearning Program
The SkillSoft eLearning Program is a powerful on-line training program that is available to all faculty and staff at the University of North Georgia. It is host to a comprehensive catalog of more than 3000 - free non-credit hour professional development courses, simulations and reference materials that can be accessed anytime through an internet connection. These courses offer a wide variety of training and professional learning and development opportunities designed to enhance critical business and computer skills. Courses range from fifteen minutes to four hours and include curriculums related to Business Skills, Computer Desktop Applications and IT Professional Training.
In addition to these on-line training courses, SkillSoft also offers over 29,000 e-books related to the same curriculums referenced above. These are not summaries or overviews of books, but books in their entirety.
Some of the benefits of the SkillSoft eLearning Program are:
- No direct cost to you or your department
- No travel necessary
- Training ready when you need it – 24/7
- Brief or in-depth courses available
- Case studies and simulations introduce new concepts in an interactive manner
- Pre-set or customized professional development tracts available