Tuition Assistance Program
The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is a program available to all full time benefits-eligible employees of the University System of Georgia who have successfully completed at least six (6) months of employment in a benefits-eligible position, as of the date of the TAP application deadline for the desired academic semester. The application process is as follows:
- An employee will be required to go through the regular student admissions process prior to applying for TAP.
- An employee must complete a TAP application for each semester in attendance.
Some additional information concerning the program:
- An employee that has already qualified for financial aid – the financial aid will be applied prior to the TAP waiver being applied.
- An employee must receive a grade of “C” or better in each approved TAP course. If a grade of “D” or below is received, the employee will not be eligible to participate in the TAP program for one semester.
- If an employee withdraws from an approved TAP course prior to its completion, the employee will not eligible to participate in the TAP program for one semester.
- An employee may seek approval to enroll in up to nine (9) semester credit hours for each of the three designated semester periods: fall semester, spring semester, and summer semester.
TAP Application Deadlines:
The following University System of Georgia TAP application deadlines will apply to all University System of Georgia institutions: (If any of these dates fall on a holiday or on a weekend, the application deadline will be the last business day prior to the dates identified.)
- Fall semester - July 15
- Spring semester - November 15
- Summer semester - April 15