The Internal Transfer Process
- Step 1. Meet with your academic advisor to determine if an internal transfer is right for you.
- Step 2. Check with Financial Aid to determine if an internal transfer will affect your award.
- Step 3. Complete the request form in Banner Web (my.ung.edu > Banner Web > Student menu > Change Degree (Level), Major, Minor, and/or Home Campus > follow the prompts). You will receive an email notification from the Registrar once your request has been processed, typically within two weeks.
- Optional: You may contact a transfer advisor prior to submitting the form if you have questions about the process or requirements.
- Step 4. If applicable, contact Residence Life to inquire about housing. (Students moving to the Dahlonega campus only)
- Step 5. Meet with your new advisor to discuss your program requirements and courses.
- Step 6. Familiarize yourself with your new degree and/or campus.
- Step 7. Register for classes during your assigned registration time.
- Step 8. Begin classes!
Spring – October 25
Spring – December 1
Summer and Fall - March 1
The term "transition" is being phased out and will now be referred to as "internal transfer". This website is currently being updated to reflect those changes.