Important Dates and Information
In order to take any college-level credits (1000-level or higher), students must be in the process of satisfying Learning Support requirements. This is a state Board of Regents policy.
If a student withdraws from a LS class, s/he must also withdraw from any college-level courses for which co-enrollment in Learning Support is a requirement. For example, students who withdraw or are withdrawn from ENGL 0989 must also withdraw from ART 1100, MUSC 1100, and/or MDST 1110.
- ENGL 0989: maximum of 2
- MATH 0987: maximum of 2
- MATH 0989: maximum of 2
Note: Remember, MATH 0987 is not the appropriate LS math course for students whose majors require MATH 1111 or higher.
C. What Does it Mean to Withdraw from a Course?
- When students withdraw or are administratively withdrawn from a Learning Support (LS) course by the midpoint of the semester, that semester doesn’t count toward the total allowed attempts in LS.
- While there are no academic penalties for withdrawing from a class prior to the midpoint, there may be financial aid consequences. Please discuss any withdrawals with your professor, your advisor, and with financial aid prior to submitting a withdrawal request.
- Additionally, Area A requirements must be completed by the time students complete 30 credit hours. Students who do not complete LS requirements by the time they earn 30 hours will have their schedules restricted to only LS coursework until completed. (Board of Regents policy)
- Remember, too, that faculty may have students administratively withdrawn at any point in the semester for missing assignments or for excessive absences. This results in a grade of WF if initiated after the midpoint, and a WF in LS counts as an attempt.
D. Important Dates this Semester
- Midpoint (last day to withdraw from a full-session course without academic penalty): Friday, October 14, 2016.
- If you are unable to withdraw yourself in Banner, click on the Forms & Requests tab in https://my.ung.edu for the Class Withdrawal Form
- Labor Day holiday: Monday, September 5 - no classes.
- Fall Break: November 21-25 - no classes
- Spring 2017 registration dates: November, 2016 (exact dates TBA). Students with Learning Support requirements must schedule an appointment with their academic advisor to get their official Student Scheduling Worksheet and in order to be permitted to self-register. Be sure to clear up any existing holds prior to your registration time ticket.