Former Returning Cadet
Previously enrolled Cadets who
have been away for less than three semesters (including summer term) may be
advised and register for classes as a continuing student without having to
reapply for admission. Cadets who were previously enrolled in North
Georgia but have not been in attendance for three or more semesters (including
summer term) must reapply for admission to the university. Read
requirements, notes and instructions below.
Requirements and Notes:
- If you attended another college during your absence from North Georgia, you must apply as a transfer student and have a 2.5 transferable GPA, have a clear conduct record, be in good academic standing, and be eligible to return to your most recently attended college in order to be considered for re-admission. Upon evaluation, additional documentation may be required.
- You may not receive transfer credit for a course in which you received a grade (other than a W grade) that you previously earned in the same course at North Georgia unless you have been absent from North Georgia for 4 or more consecutive terms, including summer terms.
- After an absence of 3 or more consecutive terms, including summer terms, you will be required to complete the degree of the Undergraduate Bulletin in effect upon your re-enrollment. If you have an existing plan of study, you must submit an updated plan of study if you re-enroll under a different Bulletin.
- If you wish to live on campus, you must request housing immediately by contacting the Assistant Commandant's Office at 706-864-1793. Cadet residence hall arrangements can be made as long as capacity has not been met. Cadets returning to North Georgia must meet the North Georgia Residence Policy.
- To Apply for Re-Admission, please either download a paper application for admission or go to the GACollege411 application for admission. Fill out the application and click "re-admit" under "Application Type". Pay your $30 application fee on line in the GACollege411 site, or mail your paper application with a $30 check to:
University of North Georgia
82 College Circle
Dahlonega, GA 30597