Deadline extended through 01 March 2014
This scholarship is worth $70,000 over four years.
The State of Georgia offers forty-two scholarships per year to Georgia high school seniors who attend the University of North Georgia and commission as officers in the Georgia Army National Guard after graduating with bachelors degrees. The scholarship pays for your room, meals, tuition, books, uniforms, and fees. In addition, you receive National Guard weekend drill pay, GI Bill, pay for attending Army basic and advanced training, and Army ROTC contract pay (starting beginning of sophomore year). You may also be eligible for an enlistment bonus and monthly GI Bill kicker.
Effective 15 August 2005, GMS Scholarship recipients are non-deployable as long as they are enrolled and remain in good standing with the University of North Georgia and the Georgia Army National Guard.
1. Be a resident of Georgia.
2. Receive a nomination from a state assemblyman.
3. Meet the academic requirements for, and gain regular admission, to UNG.
4. Meet Army National Guard medical and physical standards.
5. Agree to serve as an enlisted member in the Georgia Army National Guard while a Cadet at UNG.
6. Agree to accept a commission upon graduation from UNG and serve four years as a commissioned officer in the Georgia Army National Guard.