The campus closures Tuesday through Thursday resulted in the postponement or cancellation of several University of North Georgia events, including:
- A blood drive on the Dahlonega Campus sponsored by the UNG Honors Program is now scheduled for Friday, Jan. 31. The LifeSouth bus will be parked across from Memorial Hall Gym from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and specially designed UNG t-shirts will be given to donors while supplies last. Potential donors are advised to eat a good meal and drink plenty of water. The goal of the drive is to have a minimum of 150 donors from faculty, staff and students.
- The Strategic Planning Committee's town hall meeting planned on the Dahlonega Campus for Jan. 29 has been rescheduled for Feb. 3, taking place from noon to 1 p.m. in the Hoag Auditorium.
- The Chinese New Year Celebration scheduled for Jan. 30 in the dining hall on Dahlonega Campus has been rescheduled for Feb. 3 from 5-7 p.m. Also, the Chinese New Year event featuring the unveiling of a new collection of Asian books and art scheduled for Jan. 30 at the Library Technology Center has been postponed; a new date will be announced soon.
- UNG Athletics canceled basketball games originally slated for Jan. 29; a rescheduled date will be announced later.
- The Dahlonega library's third session of the America's Music (Swing Jazz) film series on Wednesday, Jan. 29 was canceled.
This list is not meant to be comprehensive of all postponed, canceled or rescheduled events. If your group or organization has rescheduled an event due to the inclement weather, let the campus community know by posting it on the UNG Notice Board via the myUNG portal.