This spring, the University of North Georgia (UNG) Department of Music will offer a variety of vocal and instrumental performances free of charge to the north Georgia community.
Women's chorus Le Belle Voci and the UNG Singers will be featured at this year's Spring Concert on April 4 at the Dahlonega Baptist Church and April 5 at the Dahlonega United Methodist Church at 8 p.m.
Earlier this year, Le Belle Voci was selected to perform at the Georgia Music Educators Conference's In-Service on Jan. 28.
"We at the University of North Georgia are immensely proud of our women's choir," Andy David, head of the Department of Music, said. "Hard work has led them to this distinguished venue and the opportunity to spotlight their talents."
The department will also host a variety of cooperative vocal performances including students, faculty and ensembles from around the area:
- Voice majors from both the Dahlonega and Gainesville campuses, April 18 at 7:30 p.m., Ed Cabell Theatre Lobby.
- Choral Explosion, April 11 at 7:30 p.m., Cumming First United Methodist Church.
- Church Choir Festival, Feb. 28 at 3 p.m., Dahlonega United Methodist Church.
The Patriot Choir Spring Concert will showcase patriotic music, love songs, folk song arrangements and religious music on April 19 at 8 p.m. in the Gloria Shott Performance Hall. The Patriot Choir will also perform at a variety of events, including UNG Day at the capitol, the UNG Sweetheart Review, and Spring Open House.
Spring faculty performances include "European Smorgasbord" by the UNG instrumental group Soulfire, which will perform as part of the Nix Living Heritage Series on Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. in Shott Auditorium. UNG faculty members will perform music from the Baroque period, traditional English fiddle tunes and Spanish dances.
Jazz performances for spring semester include:
- March 25 at 8 p.m. in Shott Performance Hall
- April 26 at 7 p.m. in the Ed Cabell Theatre
- Thursday, April 28 at 8 p.m. in Shott Performance Hall
- UNG Faculty Jazz Ensemble at the Cumming Festival of Arts, April 15 at 7:30 p.m., Cumming First United Methodist Church
UNG's Golden Eagle Marching Band will perform "Scheherazade" on Thursday, April 14 at 8 p.m. for their home show in Memorial Hall Gymnasium. They will also perform their final show on Sunday, April 24 at 2 p.m. in Memorial Hall.
For a full list of UNG performances, including student recitals, private performances and specialty events, visit the online calendar.