Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program is a traditional four year course of study leading to a bachelor degree in nursing. This BSN Program builds on a solid foundation of two years of liberal arts and sciences as prerequisites followed by immersion in two years of nursing course work. The Program prepares professional nurses to be nurse generalists with the knowledge and skills to practice in acute and community settings. Baccalaureate graduates will be eligible to sit for the licensure exam (NCLEX) required for practice as a nurse.
Fall - December 15
Spring - June 1
- Unconditional acceptance to UNG by November 1
- Completion of all required core courses with a 'C' or higher prior to the start of the program
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above on all courses and all degrees accepted at UNG
- Minimum score of 75% on the Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) Admission Assessment (A2) Exam at the UNG Testing Center on the Dahlonega or Gainesville Campus
- Exam may only be taken twice per year, and test must be taken at lease six weeks apart.
- HESI A2 Exam deadline for Fall Cohort, Dahlonega and Gainesville, is December 15.
- HESI A2 Exam deadline for Spring Cohort, Dahlonega and Gainesville, is June 1.
- If you are an UNG student, use your UNG Student ID# as your HESI ID# when creating your account.
- Admission will be offered provisionally pending:
- Receipt of all required clinical documentation within the specified time frame
Program of Study
Sample BSN Core Program of Study (Years 1 and 2)
Courses in year 1 and 2 may be taken in any of the first 4 semesters and do not have to be taken in the order listed below.
|ENGL 1101 Engl Comp I||3|
|MATH 1111 or 1113||3|
|CHEM 1151/L or 1211/L||4|
|PSYC 1101 Intro Psych||3|
|ENGL 1102 Engl Comp II||3|
|CHEM 1152/L or 1212/L||4|
|HIST 2111, HIST 2112 or POLS 1101||3|
|MATH 2400 Statistics||3|
|BIOL 2120K A & P I||4|
|NURS 2603 Intro Prof Nurs Theory & Concepts (Taken upon acceptance into program.)||3|
|BIOL 2130K A & P II||4|
|BIOL 2500/L Med Micro||4|
BSN Nursing Program of Study (Years 3 and 4)
|NURS 3202 Nursing Information Management||2|
|NURS 3205 Foundations in Nursing Practice||5|
|NURS 3303 Health Assessment||3|
|NURS 3403 Pathophysiology||3|
|NURS 3705 Adult Health I, 1st Session||5|
|NURS 4202 Health Policy, Finance and Regulation||2|
|NURS 4405 Adult Health II, 2nd Session||5|
|NURS 3502 Pharmacology in Nursing||2|
|NURS 3903 Evidence Based Practice and Research Applications in Nursing||3|
|NURS 3807 Nursing Care of the Family||7|
|NURS 4304 Mental Health Nursing||4|
|NURS 4603 Population Health||3|
|NURS 4706 Synthesis of Nursing Practice||6|
|NURS 4803 Nursing Leadership||3|
|NURS 4902 Seminars in Nursing||2|
Student Achievement Data
|Metric||Bachelor Programs Combined||BSN||RN-BSN|
|Performance on NCLEX||At or above the national mean||data pending||data pending|
|Job Placement||89%||data pending||89%|