Annual UNG Family Day
The University of North Georgia (UNG) Family Day is an annual event where students are able to share their experiences at UNG with their families and guests. Family Day 2016 has already passed, we will be updating details for Family 2017 soon! Feel free to view the events of 2016 below.
2016 Family Day
We’re looking forward to having you and your family on campus for the 2016 Family Day program! There are a variety of events planned for you and your student throughout the day. Please register and we hope you have a wonderful visit to our campus.
- Location: UNG Dahlonega Campus
- Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016
- Check-in: 8:00 a.m. - 12 p.m., at the Campus Connections Bookstore (second floor of Starbucks lobby) in the Chestatee Building
- Parking: Guests will be able to park in the Recreation Center/Church Street Parking Deck (198 Church Street, Dahlonega, Georgia) or in any of the lots on campus
Registration: We ask that all families register for the Family Day program. This allows us to better plan for your visit! At check-in you and your family members will receive a name badge and this will be your ticket for entry to all Family Day activities.
Family Day Service Project: This year, we are doing a canned food drive for the Community Helping Place in Lumpkin County. Please bring a canned food item to check-in if you would like to contribute to our service project.
T-Shirt Pre-Order: Pre-ordered t-shirts will be available for pick-up in the Campus Connection Bookstore on the day of the event. There will also be extra t-shirts available for sale while supplies last.
Parent and Family Association Meeting (Semi-Annual Meeting, Membership not required): We invite you and your student (optional) to attend the semi-annual Parent and Family Association (PFA) meeting. This meeting will provide an update on the activities of the PFA over the past year, plans for the current year and discussion on the by-laws and election of new officers.
- When: 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Hoag ABC
- Reservation: Please indicate on the Family Day registration form if you plan to attend the PFA meeting. Walk-ins welcome.
Blue & Gold Ceremony: During the ceremony, new students, freshmen and transfers, will receive their entering year pin. The purpose behind the ceremony is for students to celebrate this new chapter with the people who have helped them make it to this point.
- When: 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Memorial Hall Gym
- Reservation: Encouraged – Please do so in the space provided on the Family Day Registration form (at the top of the page).
Schedule of Events: Check out our complete schedule of events
Questions: If you have any questions regarding Family Day, please contact Orientation & Transition Programs at 706-864-1010 or at email@example.com.