About the Physical Therapy Department
We offer state-of-the-art facilities. The entire third floor of the Health and Natural Sciences Building is dedicated to physical therapy. The useable space by identified function consists of two classrooms equipped with media/video/smart board/projector systems, five laboratories (gross anatomy; neuro/basic skills; pediatrics; orthopedic; gait), PT library/computer room, dedicated research areas, a conference room, and six problem-based learning tutorial rooms. Our equipment availability is considered state-of-the-art for the purpose of teaching, clinical practice and research.
Support Physical Therapy
- Visit the UNG donation page
- Select a donation amount
- For Designation, select 'Other'
- In the box that appears, type 'Physical Therapy'
Thank you for your support and interest!
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Department of Physical Therapy is to educate and develop physical therapists who address educational, professional and community needs of citizens and clinicians for rural and other medically underserved communities.
The goals of the Department of Physical Therapy are to:
- Provide excellence in physical therapist education at the entry and post-professional levels.
- Promote and support leadership development for faculty and students.
- Provide physical therapy services to the community in conjunction with student educational opportunities.
- Promote and support public service activities for faculty and students.
- Promote and support scholarly activity of the faculty and students.
- Provide ongoing continuing education resources at the University of North Georgia for the health professional community.