Alcohol and Substance Abuse Information
The University has developed a program to prevent the illicit use of drugs and the abuse of alcohol by students and employees. The program provides services related to drug use and abuse including dissemination of informational materials, educational programs, counseling services, referrals and college disciplinary actions.
- Alcohol and Drug Education: University Health Services, Employee Assistance Program, University Health Class.
- Counseling Services: Student Development Counselors, Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Services: Student Development Counselors, Counseling Services, Employee Assistance Program.
- College Disciplinary Actions: Dean of Students, Director of Student Development.
- Local, State & Federal Legal Sanctions
- Legal Sanctions - Laws Governing Alcohol
- The State of Georgia sets 21 as the minimum age to purchase or possess any alcoholic beverage.
- Specific ordinances regarding violations of alcohol laws, including driving while intoxicated, are available from the Office of Public Safety.
- A violation of any law regarding alcohol is also a violation of the University's Student Code of Conduct and will be treated as a separate disciplinary matter by the University.