Adventure Trips - Policies and FAQs
1) Current full time UNG students and faculty/staff and their guests are eligible to register and participate in Outdoor Pursuits trips.
2) A valid university identification card must be shown at the time of registration.
3) Participants may only register themselves.
4) Participants who are not students and/or faculty/staff members at the University of North Georgia who need to register for a trip may email email@example.com with a valid photocopy of their driver’s license.
5) The Outdoor Pursuits Program will not hold space for individuals who have registered but not paid for the trip. Also, participants who pay up front will receive first priority.
6) Payment for trips is due in full at the time of registration, with the exception of trips with a deposit. Currently, the only forms of payment accepted are cash or check.
7) Registration is complete once payment is received.
8) In order to be eligible for any trip, participants must complete an Outdoor Pursuits Waiver and Health History Form.
1) Trips vary on what is included in the price. Typically included in the trip price is transportation, vendor/guide for the activity, and trip leader service. More details about what is included in the specific trip will be given at the time of registration.
2) Food will not be provided on trips unless otherwise specified.
3) There will be no planned pre-trip meetings unless the Outdoor Pursuits Staff feel it necessary. In that case, the Outdoor Pursuits Staff will notify all registered participants via email about the pre-trip meeting.
4) The Outdoor Pursuits Staff will provide all necessary gear for any trip. This includes tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, backpacks, harnesses, helmets, etc. If participants choose to use said gear, they will need to complete a Rental Form; the form will be provided.
5) Participants are allowed to bring personal gear with the understanding that it will be checked by the competent Outdoor Pursuits Staff to ensure that it is safe.
6) If a participant has a request requiring special accommodations, the participant should contact the Outdoor Pursuits Program Supervisor at least two weeks prior to any pre-trip meeting and/or trip.
7) Participants must follow the policies stated in the UNG Code of Conduct on all Outdoor Pursuits trips; if they do not comply, the Outdoor Pursuits Staff have the authority to remove said participant from the trip.
8) The usage of alcohol, illegal drugs or recreational drugs while participating in an Outdoor Pursuits trip is prohibited.
9) Outdoor Pursuits prohibits tobacco use in group vehicles. Due to environmental and safety concerns, tobacco use is strongly discouraged while participating in an Outdoor Pursuits trip. If tobacco use occurs, other participants should not have to breathe or smell tobacco and all tobacco trash must be properly disposed of according to Leave No Trace principles.
10) In the event that a participant voluntarily leaves the group or fails to follow University and/or North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits Policies and Procedures and must be separated from the group, the Outdoor Pursuits Staff will no longer be responsible for said participant. The participant will bear responsibility for arranging and paying for return transportation.
1) In the event a trip is cancelled because of bad weather or other circumstances, the Outdoor Pursuits Staff will notify registered participants 24 hours in advance. Trips will generally not be cancelled because of rain, but in the case that one is cancelled due to extenuating circumstances, the Outdoor Pursuits Staff will let participants know as soon as possible. Refunds will be given on a case by case basis.
2) If a participant registers with payment for a trip but is unable to attend, he or she has the option to transfer the payment to another upcoming NGOP trip or event. If the cost of the new trip exceeds the previous balance, the participant will have to pay the remaining associated fees. If the trip cost does not exceed the previous balance, the participant will not receive a refund.
3) Refunds will only be given on rare occasions, and in that event, all participants will receive a refund. A refund form, vendor registration form, and a W-9 must be completed by each participant and turned into the Outdoor Pursuits Program Supervisor within two weeks of the cancelled trip. Once the Outdoor Pursuits Program Supervisor receives all forms, a check will be mailed to the participant's mailing address within two weeks.
Registration for trips is simple! Follow these quick and easy steps to get registered for any trip:
- Make sure you have your campus ID with you!
- Come to the Recreational Sports Offices inside the Rec Center located on campus. Anyone will be willing to assist you.
- Reservations for trips are accepted on a first-pay basis.
- Payment is due ON or BEFORE the stated registration deadline; we will not hold your spot without your payment.
- Cash or check is accepted. Checks can be made to UNG Recreational Sports. Please state in the memo line of the check what trip you will be attending.
- All participants will be required to complete and sign all forms associated with the Outdoor Pursuits Program. This may include additional forms which are required from the place of destination.