Group Equipment Rental Policies
- The North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits Program specifies a group as 6 or more individuals wishing to rent equipment. A representative from the group will be considered the “group renter” and will be responsible for all aspects of the rental process.
- The Group Equipment Rental Request Form must be completed by 5:00 p.m. THREE days prior to the date in which you wish to rent the gear.
- Reserved equipment will be given a 30 minute grace period after the specified retrieval time. If the equipment has not been picked up at the conclusion of the grace period, all equipment will be released at that time.
- The group renter will be required to inspect sleeping mats upon checkout. However, it is the responsibility of the group renter to check any other equipment for damages upon checkout. If the group renter decides not to inspect equipment prior to checkout or if the North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits Staff is not informed of the damages before the gear leaves the premises, it will be assumed that the group renter caused any damages found upon return.
- No group renter may checkout more than the maximum specified budget according to group size.
- The group renter assumes full responsibility for the equipment checked out and all its components and, upon request, agrees to pay for any incurred damages.
- The group renter is responsible for all lost or stolen equipment. The group renter also assumes total liability for all damages incurred through the use or misuse of the equipment and/or accessories.
- The North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits Program reserves the right to limit or revoke equipment rental privileges due to the abuse of the Group Equipment Rental Policies, unpaid fines, damaged equipment, unused reservations, etc.
- The group renter will not hold the staff of the North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits Program, North Georgia Recreational Sports Department, or University of North Georgia responsible for any injury or accident incurred while using this equipment.
- All equipment will need to be returned in the same state as it was rented.
- All equipment, including tents, must be inspected upon their return (so the North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits Staff can check for damages) regardless of whether or not the equipment was used. The group renter should allow at least 30 minutes for this process.
- If the group renter decides not to allow the appropriate amount of time for the equipment to be inspected at the time of return, a fee of $15 will be imposed.
- Any equipment that is returned wet and/or requiring extra cleaning (beyond basic sweeping) will be charged a maximum fee of $15. This fee will be charged in $5 increments.
- All equipment will be given a 30 minute grace period after the specified return time. If the equipment is not returned at the conclusion of the grace period, a fee of $15 will be imposed. Each day the equipment is late, a fee of $15 will be imposed, weekends not included, until the equipment is returned or until the retail cost of the equipment is reached.
- Any equipment requiring the cost of replacement must be returned to the North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits Staff. The damaged equipment must be returned on the predetermined return date. If it is not returned, all policies still apply. In any case, the group renter will not be allowed to keep the damaged equipment.
- All fees are due by 5:00 p.m. one week from the issued date. A hold will be placed on the student’s Banner account if the fee is not paid. If the group renter is a faculty or staff member, then renting privileges will be revoked until the fee is paid.
- All fees and their respective due dates are subject to change at the discretion of the North Georgia Outdoor Pursuits staff.