Fitness Center - Gainesville Campus
Located in the Hugh Mills Physical Education Complex, our fitness center gives you a wide array of cardio and strength-training machines and free weights to help you become a healthier you!
Fitness Center Hours
- Mon. - Thu.: 6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Fri.: 6 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Sat.: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Sun.: Closed
Hours subject to change
- Patrons are responsible for complying with all policies stated hereafter.
- Patrons are only allowed in the facility during normal operating hours.
- All patrons must swipe their University of North Georgia I.D. card upon entering the facility. Only valid patrons with proper ID Cards are allowed in the Fitness Center. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Individuals under the age of 15 are not permitted to enter the Fitness Center. Individuals under 18 years of age must be directly supervised by their parent/guardian.
- Fitness Center Staff shall monitor overall facility conduct and use of equipment including the sound system, televisions, and thermostat.
- All bags and personal items must be kept in the designated areas and may not be carried around the facility. Neither the Department of Recreational Sports nor the staff are responsible for lost or stolen items. Patrons should report missing items to the respective facility supervisor as soon as the items are noticed missing.
- Day-use lockers are available for use, but contents and locks must be removed on a daily basis. Locks will be cut and lockers will be cleared at the end of each day.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the Fitness Center. The only exception is water or sports drinks in a sealed container or bottle. Water fountains and drink machines are available in the facility.
- Bikes/skateboards/roller-skates/roller blades are prohibited from the building.
- Animals are not permitted in the facility, except for trained service animals.
- No one may take pictures or shoot video inside the Fitness Center weight areas, gymnasium, or locker rooms without permission from management staff.
- Personal Training in the Fitness Center can only occur through trainers certified by the Department of Recreational Sports and academic classes. Any other personal training, whether for pay or not, is strictly prohibited due to safety concerns and to ensure that no state facilities are used to advance a private enterprise.
- If damages occur to the Fitness Center equipment or facilities, the student/member will be responsible for the cost of the repair.
- Patrons must follow all Fitness Center policies and demonstrate courtesy towards others in the facility at all times. Respect for equipment, facilities, and staff must be demonstrated at all times. The Fitness Center is a place for exercise, fun and relaxation. Abusive, vulgar or degrading language will not be tolerated.
- The Fitness Center is a place for everyone to feel welcome. Please let us know of any questions, comments or concerns that you may have.