Friday, August 19 , 2016 for The Commons and Owen Hall
Saturday, August 20, 2016 for traditional halls, North Georgia Suites, and non-cadets in Patriot Hall
Begin in the lobby of your residence hall. Times are staggered. Check your move-in e-mail for a specific date and time.
New residents who have completed a housing contract for fall 2016 will receive an e-mail from Residence Life that contains important room and roommate information. This e-mail also includes the day/time for move-in and the building into which you will be checking. Please note that students should not arrive before the assigned move-in time, as they will NOT be allowed to move-in early.
UNG Nighthawks ID Card
Students must bring their UNG Nighthawks ID card with them to check into the residence halls. Students will not have access to the dining hall without it. UNG Card Services (Hoag 217) is open until 3 pm on Friday, August 19 and will have limited hours on Saturday, August 20.
Changed Your Mind About Attending UNG?
12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
In the lobby of your residence hall
New residents moving into the residence halls for spring 2016 should receive an e-mail from Residence Life that contains important room and roommate information. This e-mail also includes the day/time for move-in and the building into which you will be checking. Please note that students should not arrive before the assigned move-in time, as they will not be allowed to move-in early.
UNG Nighthawks ID Card
Students must bring their UNG Nighthawks ID card with them to check into the residence halls. Students will not have access to the dining hall without it. UNG Card Services (Hoag 217) will NOT be open during move-in Sunday, but will be open during regular business hours the week of January 4. Students attending New Student Orientation will have an opportunity to obtain a Nighthawks ID card during orientation.
- Refer to the "Moving In" tab on individual residence hall pages.
What You'll Need
(based on double occupancy)
- 2 beds - Beds may be bunked, lofted, or left single (beds in Owen Hall can not be lofted, beds in Patriot Hall can not be bunked)
- 2 twin mattresses (standard twins in Lewis Hall 100, 300, and 400 floors as well as Donovan Hall A and C wings; extra long twins in Lewis Annex, Lewis Hall 200 floor, Donovan Hall B wing, Owen Hall, Patriot Hall, and North Georgia Suites)
- 2 chests
- 2 desks
- 2 chairs
- 2 wardrobes or closets
- window with blinds
- One cable TV jack
- Two data ports (wireless service is also provided)
This list provides suggestions from current residents. You do not have to bring all of this, and you may want to contact your roommate in advance and decide what the two of you can share. Remember, there is limited space in the rooms.
- A computer and printer (though we do have great computers labs on campus)
- USB Drive
- Pens & pencils
- Index cards & highlighter markers
- Paper clips, folders, and other school supplies
- Address book, stationary & stamps
- Photo albums
- Small tool set
- Umbrella/rain jacket
- Shower caddy with holes in the bottom(for traditional halls/suites)
- Shower shoes
- A pillow
- Pictures from home
- Sun glasses
- Pajamas that you'll feel comfortable wearing on the hall
- A few of your favorite things that makes you feel comfortable
Room organization & decoration
- Dry erase board and pens for door
- Study lamp
- TV/DVD/Blu-ray Player
- Small refrigerator (1.7 amp or less)
- Sealed containers for food
- A hot pot
- Extra clothes hangers
- Posters and simple decorations
- Small fan
- Anything that will save space, such as stackable shelves, storage containers, something to put shoes in/on
- Push pins for Owen Hall, NG Suites decorations; Command strips for Donovan/Lewis/Lewis Annex decorations
- Snack food and drinks
- Basic eating utensils, plate, bowl, cups, etc.
- Manual can opener
- Flashlight, batteries
- Laundry detergent (HE for Owen Hall), stain remover, fabric softener
- Laundry basket
- Extra towels, sheets and blankets
- Stress relievers (games, DVDs, good books, etc.)
- Grounded extension cords and surge protectors
- Safety pins
- Trash can
- Toilet paper (NG Suites and Owen Hall)
- Shower curtain (NG Suites and Owen Hall)
- Toilet Plunger (NG Suites and Owen Hall)
- A smile and an open mind
Any items with an asterisk (*) are prohibited.
- Lots of stuffed animals
- Lots of needless knick-knacks
- All your clothes and shoes (Pack for the season.)
- Everything in your room at home
- All your high school memorabilia
- Desk or other large pieces of furniture
- Expensive or irreplaceable collectibles or jewelry
- Bad attitudes
- Non HD compatible televisions (residents have had difficulties with some Element, Insignia, and Seiki HD brands)
- Space heaters*
- Wireless routers*
- E-cigarettes/vapes/tobacco products*
- Cooking appliances with exposed heating elements*
- Pets* (Only fish are allowed.)
- Incense or Candles*
- George Forman Grills*(permitted in Owen Hall)
- Microwave* (permitted in Lewis Hall and all suite style housing)
- Toasters* (permitted in Owen Hall)
- Alcohol bottles/containers*
- Any items or furniture picked up from the street*