It all starts with a budget! Without proper planning and monitoring of your income and expenditures, any financial advances that you make aren't really success... they're luck. Use these tools to help identify areas where you could cut back spending and save towards future goals. You can also bring your completed budgeting worksheet by the SMMC and let us help you personalize your budget in a one-on-one consultation.
- Budgeting worksheet Download this handy worksheet to track your monthly income vs. expenses.
- Stay at home or go on your own? Enter your financial information into this budgeting tool to determine the financial impact of living at home, off campus, or in the dorms.
- UNG SMMC money saving tips Here are a few ideas where you can immediately cut costs and save money.
How long will it take you to pay back your college loans? How much car can I afford? How fast will my investments grow? You can take a first step towards answering those questions and more by using these free financial calculators. Make an appointment with the SMMC to discuss your results and let us help you make the right decisions regarding your personal finances.
- Salary by degree Here's a list of average starting salary by degree. Remember that there can be large variations in starting salary depending on where you want to live.
- Loan payment calculator Use this calculator to estimate your monthly payment based on your balance, interest rate and repayment period. It also helps you estimate the salary you'll need to comfortably make these payments.
- Fixed vs. minimum payment calculator Credit card minimum payments are a trap to keep you in debt longer. See the difference in both time and interest accrued using a fixed payment amount instead of just the minimum.
INTERACTION & INFORMATION
- USA Funds Life Skills- 24/7 online learning resource covering everything from living on a budget in college to paying back your loans after graduation.
- Enter 00158500 as your School Code. Enter 00158500-01 as your Student Access Code
- Mint- Set a budget, track your goals and do more with your money
- CashCourse- Online personal finance tools to help you build real-life-ready financial skills
- MyMoney- More than 20 federal entities coordinating and collaborating to strengthen financial capability and increase access to financial services fro all Americans
- YoBucko- An online personal finance guide that helps young adults learn how to save money, pay off debt and build wealth.