This grant program supports students who wish to present research and/or creative activities at external conferences. Recipients of travel grants receive up to $500 to cover conference costs including, registration, lodging, meals, and transportation.
CURCA awards travel grants in both the fall and spring semesters. You should apply in the fall if you wish to present at a conference before February 1.
What do I need to apply?
Students apply through InfoReady and should be prepared to submit the following documents:
- A two page cover letter (please see the Travel Grant Rubric for specifics)
- The original submitted abstract
- Proof of acceptance (or a statement of when that would be expected)
- You can save your email acceptance as a PDF and upload it.
- A completed copy of the professional travel authorization form.
- You must mail or bring an original, signed travel form to the CURCA office (Price 102/Dahlonega) or to Amy Booth (Administration 111/Gainesville) by the competition closing date. Students on other campuses should mail the original forms through campus mail. Note that copies are not accepted; this form must contain your original signature.
- If you are having trouble with the Professional Travel Authorization form, check out our sample form.
- When completing the budget portion of the application, stay within the per diem rates for your particular destination and include mileage in your calculations (54 cents per mile).
- Contact Jules Mashburn in the CURCA office if you have any questions.