Activate Your Card / Refund Preference
How to Activate your Card and Select a Refund Preference
Why Wait for Paper Checks?
Get your financial aid refund or university refund faster! Sign up for Electronic Disbursement.
Your electronic disbursement options are:
ACH Direct Deposit
Available 2-3 business days after school disburses. When Selecting ACH, your refund will be sent directly to your bank account. You will need the following information:
- Name of Bank.
- Name on the Bank Account.
- Bank Routing Number and Checking or Savings Account Number.
Your MoneyNetwork enabled Discover UNG Nighthawks Card
- Same-day access to funds once they are processed.
- Use it everywhere Discover is accepted.
- Funds are FDIC insured.
- Access to Allpoint Network surcharge free ATMS and the Participating ATM on Campus.
There are multiple ways to receive your financial aid refunds and university refunds. You are not obligated to receive your funds on your UNG Nighthawks Card. However, we encourage all students to enroll to receive refunds electronically. If you do not select either direct deposit or directly to the Discover side, you will receive your funds via a paper check within 7-10 days by mail.
Step One: Registering for Your MoneyNetwork Account
- 24 hours after receiving your card, log into MoneyNetwork using Internet Explorer
- Select "First Time Users: Register Now" and create a username and password. You will need to enter the 16-digit MoneyNetwork card number located on the front of your card. This is NOT the UNG Card number.
Step Two: Selecting Your Refund Preference
- Now that you have created an account, go to the "My Account" box and select "My School Funds."
- Select either ACH Direct Deposit to your bank account or MoneyNetwork enabled Discover UNG Nighthawks Card.
- Follow the prompts and be sure to select the "I'm Done" button on the congratulations page.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your selection has been made.
Step Three: Activating Your Card
- Now you are ready to activate your card. Call 1.800.822.4283 and follow the prompts to activate the card using the 16 digit MoneyNetwork card number located on the front of your card. This is NOT the UNG Card Number.
- Set up your 4 digit PIN number that will be used for debit purchases and cash withdrawals.
For students who have not been issued a Nighthawks Card:
- Please Visit:
- Click "Enroll Now"
- Follow prompts
- You will be sent a unique token to your UNG email that will allow to complete the enrollment process
For more information:
- Visit MoneyNetwork
- MoneyNetwork Terms & Conditions as of 2015
- To see the Fee Schedule pertaining to any fees for the Discover Debit side of the UNG ID Card visit MyCampusFunds.
Prevent fraud and misuse on your UNG Nighthawks Card:
If you find unauthorized charges on your account:
- Call MoneyNetwork Customer Service at 1-800-822-4283 to report your card as stolen. You will not be held liable for any fraudulent charges, if you report these charges in a timely manner.
- Visit UNG Card Services to be issued a new card.