Flex Redesign Process
In July 2015, University Relations launched a new responsive, mobile-friendly design for the UNG homepage and top-level pages, such as About, Admissions, Academics, Cadet Admissions and Student Life. The design was created with the assistance of a professional web consultant, UNG’s web advisory council and user input at multiple stages.
The new design stays true to the university’s brand guidelines yet is flexible to meet a variety of needs and user expectations while using a design that makes the site accessible on tablets and smart phones.
A brief outline of the redesign process:
- A unit’s current site is reviewed by a member of the webteam. We will prepare a list of information we need from you and recommended improvements for your site.
- The site owner and editors receive a kick-off email from the webteam.
- The site owner must contact the webteam to designate a single point-of-contact who will work with us on this redesign. If we don’t hear from the site owner within three weeks, the owner will not be contacted again until all other sites are completed.
- When the webteam has the point-of-contact, we will follow up with this person to begin the redesign process. We will meet with the designated point-of-contact to discuss our recommendations, any questions you may have, and the vision for the web site.
- When all of the necessary information has been provided by the point-of-contact, the site will be added to the development queue.
- We will let you know when we start actively working on the redesign of the site and will request your feedback and approvals during that time period.
We look forward to working with you and your unit to further improve your unit’s website.