Inserting a Block into a Page
You can insert blocks into your pages above and/or below the WYSIWYG areas, giving you lots of flexibility in their placement.
You will learn how to insert a block you’ve already created into a page and when to use blocks.
What is a block?
Blocks are small pieces of content. They contain text and/or images that can be used on more than one page, or has special formatting that you cannot attain easily via the WYSIWYG.
Edit your page:
- In the left panel, click on a page in which you want to insert a block.
- In the right panel, click on the “Edit” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Main Content >> Content” area.
Insert a block:
- Above and below the WYSIWYG area you will see sections to insert “Block Above Content” and “Block Below Content.”
- Explanation of symbols:
- Minus sign in red circle: Clear the block selection (removes the link).
- Gray lego icon: Choose block. Displays history of recently created or edited blocks.
- [Search]: Choose block. Displays history of recently created or edited blocks.
- Page with magnifying glass: Browse for the block. Opens the browse window of your site. (You can select a block from another site by browsing to that site.)
- Use one of the options above to locate the block you wish to insert. If you are browsing for a block in your site, you will need to expand the “_blocks/manual” folder.
- Click the block you wish to insert.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
- You will see the link to the block in place of the “[Search]” symbol.
- Click the green “+” plus sign to add another block and follow the steps above.
Submit your Page:
- Click “Send to Workflow.”
- At the Spell Check screen, click “Submit.”
- At the “Start Workflow” screen, tell us what you did in the “Comments” box. This helps us tremendously in the approval process.
- Click “Submit.”
- Access to either the training web site or as a web editor to your site.
- Cascade: Basic I training
- The location in a page where you wish to insert a block.
- The block you wish to insert into a page.