How to edit an existing reusable block
In this exercise you will learn how to find a reusable content block. You edit blocks the same way that you do content on a web page. A reusable content block may be used when you want to include the content on several of your web pages, or if you want to share content with another department. You create the content once and then may insert on one or more web pages as needed. When the content needs to be updated, you update the reusable block and the pages will be updated during the overnight auto publishing.
- Website content owner has identified you as a web content editor to the webteam
- Faculty/Staff Network ID - obtain from Division of Information Technology
- In the left panel select the _blocks folder, then select the manual folder
- Select the block you want to edit
- Click on the ‘Edit’ tab
- Update the Header field, if appropriate. Edit the content in the Cascade editor, in the same manner that you did on your web page.
- Send to Workflow (you could also choose to 'update draft' and come back later to complete your edits)
- Blocks do not publish, you will not see the changes displayed on the webpage until the web page is published.