How to Upload a New Image
In this exercise you will learn how to upload a new image to your website using the 'Multiple Sizes' plug-in. When completed, you should see a total of five new image files in the _uploads/files/images folder. The original image, plus four more. The extra four will have sizes appended to the filename. This was done to help our editors that are not familiar with resizing images. There are four specific widths created: 585, 300, 160, and 125.
Online Training Instructions
- You may upload an image of your choice.
- Your image should be at least 700 pixels wide and 72 pixels per inch (ppi).
- You should still be logged in to the web-training website.
- Follow steps 3-9.
- Once you've completed your edits, return to these instructions and click on the link 'Continue Online Editing - Insert an image' located at the end of the instructions web page.
- Website content owner has identified you as a web content editor to the webteam
- Faculty/Staff Network ID - obtain from Division of Information Technology
- For Basic I training:
- Access to the web-training website
- Know how to login to a specific webpage
- Familiar with Cascade interface
- Familiar with folder structure of your website
- Know how to drag and drop or browse to find an image on a computer or network
- Log in to Cascade.
- Go to your website, if you’re not there.
- Click on the ‘New’ dropdown menu. It is located on the dark blue menu bar across the top of the page.
- Slide the mouse down to the ‘Images’ folder.
- You will see several options, for this training select the ‘Multiple Sizes’ option.
- This will bring up the ‘New File’ dialog box.
- In the middle of this box, click on the ‘Browse’ button and find your image. Click on the image and select open.
- Give the image a short title and description, this is optional.
- Click ‘Submit’