The University of North Georgia is a community of students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends who are committed to educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement.
UNG's institutional values – excellence, student-focus, integrity, engagement, and service – are essential to our identity and mission of preparing students to become leaders in a diverse and global society. UNG's culture reinforces that commitment and our role as responsible stewards of the resources and responsibilities with which we are entrusted.
The University of North Georgia will be a regional and national leader for academic excellence, engagement, educational opportunity, and leadership development.
- Excellence - Promoting standards of performance and accountability that exceed expectations
- Student-focus - Facilitating success and educational goal attainment for all students and fostering a welcoming environment that values and reflects diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity - Cultivating in ourselves and in others the willingness and steadfastness to act honestly and ethically
- Engagement - Promoting active involvement, intellectual inquiry and creativity, collaboration, and community partnership
- Service - Giving of oneself to enhance the life and richness of the university and all of its members, as well as the larger community