Colonel Jack Peevy Scholarship Application
The Jack Peevy Scholarship is in memory of COL (Ret) Lewis Jack Peevy who was a Cadet at North Georgia College, Class of 1964. In 2013, COL Peevy was selected as a Distinguished Alumnus of the University of North Georgia. COL Peevy was a veteran of the Vietnam War where he was wounded seven times. His awards and decorations include the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star with V Device, Purple Heart, Meritorious Service Medal, Master Parachutist Badge, Combat Infantryman's Badge and the Special Forces Tab.
- Must be in the Corps of Cadets.
- Pass the APFT at least once in college.
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- In good standing with the Commandant of Cadets and the Professor of Military Science.
- No Class I or Class II offenses at UNG.
- If not commissioning, agree to remain in the Corps for a minimum of two semesters following the award. (i.e. If you are awarded a Peevy Scholarship fall semester 2016, you must remain in the Corps until the end of fall semester 2017). If not commissioning, must pursue a degree that requires an internship or a study abroad or take a DOD strategic language.
- If suspended, expelled, or dismissed prior to fulfilling the two semester requirement, must repay the Peevy Scholarship in full.