Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

How to Apply

UNG Students

All University of North Georgia (UNG) students wishing to go on ANY study abroad program will need to apply through the online study abroad application system. The "Apply Now" button can be found on any selected program's page. This is the only way for UNG students to make sure you will receive the appropriate credit for your experience.

If you are an international student wishing to study abroad, please make sure to let your study abroad advisor know that you are on an international student visa. You will need to work with both the study abroad advisor and your international student advisor to facilitate your study abroad experience.

Required Documents:

  • UNG Application Form*
  • UNG Medical Self-Assessment*
  • UNG Agreement and Release*
  • UNG Student Discipline Policy*
  • Two Study Abroad References from faculty. These can be sent via e-mail through the online application system if needed
  • Copy of the identification page of your passport
  • Unofficial transcripts, unless otherwise noted
  • Copy of the Application for Admission to another USG institution if applies
  • UNG Course Equivalency Form*
    • Take it to the appropriate department head(s) in which equivalent credit for courses at UNG is sought and secure their written approval for the courses taken overseas
    • Visit your academic advisor in order to discuss how the overseas program fits into your graduation requirements and to receive written approval for the courses selected
    • Visit the Financial Aid Office on your campus to examine whether funding is available to support the overseas travel. It is necessary to make an appointment and complete the “Financial Worksheet” before the meeting since the process takes about a half-hour for each student. In general, more money is available the earlier financial aid preparations are made
    • Obtain Registrar’s signature to make sure that your graduation date won't be affected by your study abroad experience

*Can be found in the online application system

Incoming Transient Students

A student who is enrolled at another college or university may apply for the privilege of temporary registration at University of North Georgia in order to attend a specific study abroad program. Such a student will ordinarily be one who expects to return to the college or university in which he/she is presently enrolled.

Outgoing Transient Students

UNG Transient Permission Request:

  • Login to Banner
  • Go to Student and Financial Aid
  • Select Transient Requests
  • Select Transient Permission Request form
  • Select the appropriate term for your chosen school (semester or quarter)
  • Select the courses you plan to take
  • Submit the form
  • If successful print the page — if not read and follow the instructions listed **

**If you have 90+ hours your Transient form will not be automatically approved. Please see the Registrars Office for further instructions.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top