Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Travel Registry

CGE Travel Registry

The Center for Global Engagement (CGE) adheres to high standards for risk management when individuals are traveling abroad. We keep a complete registry of UNG-affiliated travel so that, in case of an emergency, we are able to provide comprehensive support. Students, faculty, and staff must register travel

In order to help complete this policy, we've attempted to make this process as easy as possible. You will need information such as the following in order to complete the registry: 

  1. A valid passport for all individuals traveling in your group (the CGE recommends that your passport be valid for at least six months post return to the US)
  2. Travel itinerary 
  3. Flight information

Travel Warnings and Alerts

Travel to countries with US State Department Travel Warnings will not be approved by the president unless you have supporting documentation and a letter of support from your department chair, dean, and CGE director.  Please see the US State Department Country Alerts and Warning website for specific warnings/alerts and information.

Please note, you can submit a travel registry as often as needed. As last minute trips come up, please be certain to register your travel so the Center for Global Engagement staff knows where you are located.

Department of State Travel Registry

The CGE strongly encourages you to register your travel with the U.S. Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP is free, and it allows travelers to enroll a trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. In the event of an emergency, the U.S. Department of State will know where travelers are.

What are the benefits of enrolling in STEP?

  • Travelers receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in the destination country, helping the traveler make informed decisions about travel plans.
  • The U.S. Embassy is better able to contact you in an emergency - whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
  • Family and friends are able to get help reaching you in the event of an emergency.

Any U.S. citizen or national can register travel with STEP.

Faculty and Staff Travel

All faculty and staff must complete and submit a UNG Professional Travel Authorization Form for approval prior to making any travel arrangements/purchases. This form can be found under the "Travel" section of the Forms and Requests page on myUNG (login required).

Travel Insurance for Faculty & Staff

All faculty and staff traveling with UNG students must purchase CISI/ISIC insurance through the CGE. Faculty and staff not traveling with UNG all have access to travel assistance services from RedpointWTP (a service provided in conjunction with the University System of Georgia's group life insurance plan through Minnesota Life) and may be eligible for BlueCard Worldwide.

RedPoint Travel Assistance Services is available to all active benefits-eligible employees, as well as their spouses and dependent children. No additional premium or enrollment is required, and RedPoint covers business and personal travel, both international and domestic.

  • 24/7/365 service for emergency assistance and transport services when traveling 100 or more miles away from home
  • Emergency assistance and medical evacuation services
  • Security evacuation services
  • Online pre-trip resources including passport/visa information, security and crime alerts, and political stability alert

There are additional options for BlueCross/BlueShield POS plan participants.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top