I'm Leaving. What's Next?
If you have received a student loan and you are graduating from UNG, transferring to another institution, or delaying your education, there are some important items to complete before you leave UNG.
- Exit Counseling – A mandatory information session which takes place when you graduate or attend school less than half-time that explains your loan repayment responsibilities and when repayment begins.
- Review your student loans using the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- Repay Your Loans – Understanding the repayment process for your federal student loans can go a long way toward building a solid financial foundation.
- Avoid Defaulting on your Loan – Loans must be repaid, so do not ignore your student loan payments.
- Manage Your Money – Get on the right track by visiting the UNG Student Money Management Center to help you create a budget and a plan for expenses and living costs.
Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.