Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Student Employment

Federal Work-Study Program

The Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the students' course of study.

Federal Work-Study Student Workers

  • Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
  • Must have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
  • Must have Unmet Need based on the difference between Cost of Attendance (COA) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
    • The initial offered amount can be up to $4500 for the academic year. Students may request additional funding for the term, depending on unmet need and fund availability.
  • Will be paid through a combination of federal and University funding.
  • To apply for FWS positions, visit the Human Resources Webpage for more information.

Are you eligible?

Find out by logging into your Banner Web Account

  1. Select the Financial Aid Menu
  2. Select Award
  3. Select Award by Aid Year
  4. Select Aid Year (Submit)
  5. Select Award Overview Tab

Prove your FWS eligibility by providing supervisors with a copy of your award overview.

Students interested in Federal Work-Study positions for Fall semester may begin applying on July 1st each year. If you have any questions, please contact the Federal Work-Study Coordinator:

Institutional Student Workers

  • Are not required to complete the FASFA since employment is not based on financial need.
  • Will be paid through University funding.
  • Visit the Human Resources Webpage for more information.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top