Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Transferring Aid & Transient Student Aid

Transferring Aid


  1. Go to to add UNG. Make a correction by adding the following school codes: 001585.
  2. Loans at your prior school must be canceled before you can request any remaining loan funds from UNG.
  3. All final transcripts from prior schools must be submitted to UNG before your financial aid eligibility is determined.

From UNG?

  1. Go to to add the new institution to your FAFSA.
  2. Cancel your financial aid awards at UNG for upcoming semesters.
  3. If you have a current loan at UNG, complete Exit Counseling.

Transient Student Aid


  1. Get Transient Permission from your HOME Institution Registrar’s Office.
  2. Contact the Financial Aid Office at your HOME Institution to request permission to use Federal or State Aid at UNG.

From UNG?

  1. Complete the Transient Permission Form with the UNG Registrar’s Office.
  2. If you are eligible for the HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship, complete the HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship Transient Request Form 2020-2021.
  3. If you are eligible for Federal Aid such as Pell or Loans, complete the UNG Consortium Agreement (PDF) based on the term you will be transient at another USG institution.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our site may have been taken before social distancing, face coverings and restricted gatherings were required.
Use of military-themed imagery does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Back to Top