Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Out-of-State Military Dependents

Are you an out-of-state dependent of active duty or former military? The Zell Miller and HOPE Scholarships are State of Georgia based aid that might possibly be able to assist you with tuition expenses at UNG.

In-state military dependent? Learn how you can use your parent or guardian's benefits.

Follow these Four Steps

If you are an out-of-state military dependent, please follow the steps outlined below to see if you qualify for either the Zell Miller Scholarship or the HOPE Scholarship.

Submit the Military Waiver Form and documentation to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (PO Box 1358, Gainesville, GA 30503). If you qualify for the military waiver, then go to step two.

If you attended a high school located outside the State of Georgia, you must complete and submit the Request for Out-of-State High School Transcript Evaluation for HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships form and required documents as one package to the following address:

Georgia Student Finance Commission
Student Aid Services
2082 East Exchange Place
Tucker, Georgia 30084

You must also complete the Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFAPPS). The deadline to submit the GSFAPPS is the last day of the semester for which the student is seeking scholarship funds.

The UNG Financial Aid Office will help monitor the progress of your State of Georgia based aid application, especially once you have received approval from UNG for the Military Waiver and from the Georgia Student Finance Authority regarding your Zell Miller/Hope Scholarship eligibility.

Financial Aid 

Frequently Asked Questions

I have never been stationed in Georgia and my student did not graduate high school from the State of Georgia. Can we qualify?

Yes, you may qualify.  If you have given one month of your CH 33 benefits to your dependent and the dependent submits and is approved for the out-of-state transcript evaluation.

My dependent does not meet the requirement for HOPE but is going to be in the Corp of Cadets, is there any other state aid I might qualify for from the state? 

If your student is a member of the Corp of Cadets, they might be eligible for ROTC grant or Future Officers.

I have additional questions about HOPE and Zell Scholarships. How do I find out more information?

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Use of military-themed imagery does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Back to Top