FSLA Photography Internship Application
If you enjoy photographing people, this is the internship for you. Spend six weeks of your summer helping to document all of the excitement at the University of North Georgia's Federal Service Language Academy through pictures and video. The FSLA Photography Intern will be responsible for taking photos almost daily, uploading photos to Facebook, filming FSLA events, editing pictures and video, and creating an end-of-session Slideshow for the certificate ceremony.
Dates of Internship
June 1 - July 31, 2017
Only UNG students will receive DoVA credit for this experience.
The intern will be expected to attend the following FSLA events and capture photos/video. Dates will be provided upon placement.
- Move-in days
- Morning PT
- Evening activities
- Pine Valley trips
- Closing Ceremony/Move-Out days
- Field trips
The intern will be expected to possess the following skills:
- Excellent computer skills including photo editing software, word processing, and PowerPoint (or similar program)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience making effective visual presentations
**Your own laptop, photo editing software, and a digital camera would be useful, but these items are not required. The Center for Global Engagement can provide you with these items, but we highly encourage you to use the technology with which you are most familiar and comfortable.
- Complete the online application by May 1.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your photography such as a supervisor, professor or advisor.
- Submit a CD or a link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (with captions).
Application materials should be dropped off at the Center for Global Engagement office on the Dahlonega campus in Price Memorial 218 or emailed to the FSLA Coordinator.