Lawful Presence Verification
To qualify for in-state tuition (instead of the higher out-of-state rate), you must submit verification of lawful presence and be in one of the following categories:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident and be classified as a Georgia resident.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident and be an out-of-state resident seeking an out-of-state tuition waiver. Visit the out-of-state tuition waiver website for more information.
- International student seeking an international out-of-state student waiver.
We cannot evaluate your application for admission until you provide one of the following documents before the application deadline:
(Please note: If you are using a document with an expiration date and the expiration date falls before the start date of the semester you wish to enroll, you will be required to submit an updated document prior to registering for classes. Otherwise, your tuition rate will default to the out-of-state rate.)
- Current Georgia driver’s license issued after January 1, 2008, that is valid for more than two years from date of issue and not labeled "Limited Term."
- Current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008, that is valid for more than two years from date of issue and not labeled "Limited Term."
- Current U.S. passport.
- Current, valid Permanent Resident Card. You must submit copies of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card.
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship.
- U.S. Department of State Certificate of Birth Abroad or Certification of Report of Birth Abroad.
Note: Please do not fax the above documents. Scan, or take a photo and e-mail, or print and mail to the address at the bottom of this page.
- Current military ID (for service members only, not dependents). Military ID cannot be copied and must be shown in person to a UNG admissions officer.
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing that you were born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable. You can go to http://www.vitalchek.com for instructions for ordering a certified U.S. birth certificate.
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization. Certificate of Naturalization cannot be copied and must be shown to a UNG admissions officer in person.
- Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) program if you do not have a current F or J visa.
- SEVIS if you have a current F or J visa.
If you are not lawfully present in the United States (this pertains to you if your deportation was deferred):
- You must pay the out-of-state tuition rate.
- You may not participate in the Corps of Cadets.
- You do not need to submit verification of lawful presence.
Where do I send my documents?
University of North Georgia
82 College Circle
Dahlonega, GA 30597