Gender Studies Council
The Gender Studies Council meets several times during a semester. Visitors are welcome to attend. If you are interested in visiting a meeting and/or becoming a member of the council, contact the senior director.
During its meetings, the council discusses ways in which the minor curriculum can most effectively meet the needs of our students in terms of curriculum and preparing them for future academic and professional undertakings. We discuss ways in which to engage the campus and surrounding community and to contribute to campus and community needs.
Minutes of Council Meetings
How can I join?
The main qualification is an active interest in the study of gender. Contact the senior director for further information.
- Gay-Straight Alliance
- Safe Space Listener / Safe Zone
- Certificate program in diversity at UNG
- American Association of University Women
- Women in Higher Education
- Georgia Association for Women in Higher Education
- National Women's Studies Association
- TED global-community website gender issue videos
- Making the Invisible Visible: If you think nobody needs a women's and gender studies class, you need a women's and gender studies class by Anna Diamond in Slate
- 'Suffrajitsu': How the suffragettes fought back using martial arts by Camila Ruz and Justin Parkinson in BBC News Magazine
- Gender: An Unrecognized Part of Life by Victoria Hightower