Presidential Scholarship Criteria
The Choate Family Presidential Scholarship and the William P. Roberts Presidential Scholarship are awarded competitively to the most academically qualified incoming freshmen. Scholars receive up to $1,000 per year, renewable for up to four years of study, depending on degree track. At present, Presidential Scholarships are available on the Dahlonega campus only.
In order to be eligible to apply and compete for Presidential Scholarships, the applicant must:
- Be an incoming freshman already admitted to the Dahlonega campus
- Have a minimum 3.8 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Have a minimum 1300 combined math and critical reading SAT score or 29 ACT composite score
- For the William P. Roberts Presidential Scholarship, the applicant must be a member of the Corps of Cadets and a History or Chemistry major.
Only those students who meet the above requirements will be considered eligible for candidacy. In addition, applicants must demonstrate a significant history of leadership and volunteer service activities. Successful applicants are automatically admitted to the Honors Program and must maintain good standing in the program in order to keep their scholarship.
The deadline to submit your complete online application is January 31. You must have been admitted already to UNG before submitting your application. Complete the Presidential Scholarship application.
The application will ask you to detail your academic achievements, extra-curricular experience, talents, volunteer service and work experience, as well as provide two references and answer essay questions. This information will be evaluated along with academic transcripts and test scores included in your undergraduate admissions application.
Semifinalists will receive interviews.
Presidential Scholarships are available for up to 12 semesters, renewed annually, provided recipients meet the following:
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester (fall and spring)
- Maintain good standing in the Honors Program
Notification of Awards
Recipients of Presidential Scholarships will be notified by March 15.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.