The Internal Transfer Process
- Step 1. Meet with your academic advisor to determine if an internal transfer is right for you.
- Step 2. Check with Financial Aid to determine if an internal transfer will affect your award.
- Step 3. Complete the request form in Banner Web (my.ung.edu > Banner Web > Student menu > Change Degree (Level), Major, Minor, and/or Home Campus > follow the prompts). You will receive an email notification from the Registrar once your request has been processed, typically within two weeks.
- Optional: You may contact a transfer advisor prior to submitting the form if you have questions about the process or requirements.
- Step 4. If applicable, contact Residence Life to inquire about housing. (Students moving to the Dahlonega campus only)
- Step 5. Meet with your new advisor to discuss your program requirements and courses.
- Step 6. Familiarize yourself with your new degree and/or campus. Dahlonega campus offers a welcome event to help with the transition.
- Step 7. Register for classes during your assigned registration time.
- Step 8. Begin classes!
Spring – October 1
Summer and Fall – March 1
Applications received after the deadline will only be reviewed for acceptance if it is possible to accommodate the internal transfer request and late applications may not be processed in time for early registration. Campus capacity, course availability, and reasons for internal transfer may impact ability to accommodate late applications.
The term "transition" is being phased out and will now be referred to as "internal transfer". This website is currently being updated to reflect those changes.