On April 29, the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites all campuses to attend a simulcast town hall meeting focused on discussing the implementation of goal three of the institution's strategic plan.
The meeting will run from noon to 1 p.m. at the following locations:
- Blue Ridge – room 107
- Cumming – room 246
- Dahlonega – Hoag Auditorium
- Gainesville – Continuing Education Auditorium
- Oconee – Student Resource Center, room 581
Goal three of UNG's Strategic Plan is to expand engagement and educational opportunity. According to Dr. Eric Skipper, vice president for university affairs and CEO of UNG's Oconee Campus, this meeting will specifically address goal three's first objective. Goal three has five objectives:
1) UNG will strategically coordinate, implement, assess, and enhance mutually beneficial engagement efforts related to community, government, business and industry, and other external constituents.
2) UNG will increase educational opportunity for citizens in its region.
3) UNG will seek increases external support from government and private funding sources for programs and institutional priorities.
4) UNG will enhance regional educational opportunities and support programs for federal service, including military and non-military careers.
5) UNG will enhance the "quality of life" in local communities and increase community involvement and support through intercollegiate athletics, cultural events and continuing education offerings.
"We look forward to sharing progress made in UNG's engagement efforts related to external constituents, including an update on UNG's Carnegie Foundation Elective Community Engagement Classification," Skipper said.
A town hall meeting in November discussed the implementation of the first goal in the strategic plan, and a second meeting in February covered goal two. A meeting to discuss goal four is currently being planned. For more information on UNG's Strategic Plan, visit the website. Those who will not be able to attend the meeting can view presentation slides on SharePoint.