Kim Hudson-Gallogly, Ph.D., APRN-BC
Office: Health and Natural Science 422, Dahlonega
Areas of Expertise: Women's Health
OverviewDr. Hudson-Gallogly has been a registered nurse for over 24 years and a practicing nurse practitioner for 18 years. She has taught across the curriculum both undergraduate and graduate education. She has served in both the faculty and administrative roles throughout her career. Currently, she is the co-author of a NIH grant under review, looking at diabetes education in the newly diagnosed patient. She practices at Georgia Mountains Health in both Blue Ridge and Dahlonega Georgia.
- NURS 6031
- NURS 6010
- NURS 6020
- NURS 6032
- NURS 6200
- NURS 7130
- NURS 6020
- NURS 7010
- NURS 7040
- NURS 7221
- NURS 6250
- Ph.D., Adult Education, University of Georgia, 2011
- MS, Women's Health Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist, Georgia State University, 1995
- BSN, Nursing, Georgia College, 1990
- Women's Health
- Social Accountability of Nursing Schools
- Nursing Education
Currently conducting research:
2014-National Institute of Health. Application in process for grant to conduct research. Study Title: Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs for Rural Populations. Role: Co-investigator.
University of Virginia with University of North Georgia, Self-Efficacy and Diabetes Outcomes in Underinsured Rural Appalachian Residents, Clark (PI) Hudson-Gallogly, Sub-investigator, 9/1/13-present. Reviewed in March, will resubmit in November 2014.
The purpose of this study is to identify and measure how self-efficacy affects diabetes self-management among people living in rural Appalachia.
Cappiello, J., Beal, M., Hudson-Gallogly, K. (2011). Applying Ethical Practice Competencies to Women for Unintended Pregnancy Prevention. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. 40, 808-816.
Schweiker, M., Margrave, R.D., Hudson-Gallogly, K. (in press). Reducing Risk for Dementia: The Evidence is Clear. Advance for NP’s & PA’s.
- Georgia College/Georgia College & State University (1990-1999). Faculty
- North Georgia College & State University (1999-2009). Faculty
- Gwinnett Technical College (2008-2011). Program Director
- North Georgia College & State University/University of North Georgia (2011-present). Faculty and Department Head
- Focal Pointe Women (1995-1999). Practitioner
- Student Health -2006-2012. Practitioner
- Appalachian Nurse Practitioner Clinic (2011-2014), Practitioner and Project Director
- Georgia Mountains Health Services (2014-present), Practitioner
- Married, 4 children
- Enjoys outdoor activities such as paddling and biking.