About Orientation & Transition Programs (OTP)
Orientation & Transition Programs will prepare students for college success and global citizenship with intentional programming and cross-campus collaboration. Through engaging curricular and co-curricular opportunities, students will connect to peers, faculty, staff, and the university while learning to navigate campus resources and processes.
Orientation & Transition Programs are grounded in the themes of Connectivity, Preparation, and Navigation:
- Students will develop relationships and foster meaningful interactions with peers, faculty, staff, the university, and the community.
- Students will be aware of co-curricular programs and be able to use those activities to enhance in-class learning and prepare for global citizenship.
- Students will understand the expectations and rigors of academic excellence and possess the requisite skills necessary to persist through the first year of college and beyond.
- Students will learn valuable leadership skills for real life application.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize appropriate resources.