Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Transition Degree Information

How Do Current UNG Associate Degree Students Transfer into a Political Science or International Affairs Bachelor Degree Program on either the Same or Different UNG Campus?

 Procedure for Transferring from an Associate to Bachelor Degree within the UNG:  To transfer from an Associate to Bachelor degree program, the student fills out the “Transition Degree Form” found in the MyUNG Portal under the Registrar Forms:   

 The form is given to the Registrar Office on the current home campus of the student.  The Registrar’s Office will check the student’s record, including courses taken and GPA, then send the form for approval to the Department Head of Political Science & International Affairs.  After the Department Head approves the transfer and signs the form, then the Department Head returns the form to the Registrar where the student’s status is changed to Bachelor student in the designated degree program.  From this point forward, the student may enroll in upper level courses and the tuition charged will be at the Bachelor degree rate.  The student’s home campus will be changed to the designated campus with the degree sought.

 Timing of turning in the Transition Degree Form:  Turn in the Transition Degree form to the Registrar after having registered for the last semester of courses in the Associate program and before the deadline during the last semester of taking courses in the Associate program.  The deadline to turn in the form is early in the semester and can be found on the Academic Calendar website listed as “Major/Minor Change Deadline:”

 Graduation from the Associate Degree:  If you are completing an Associate degree program prior to transitioning into a Bachelor degree, you should turn in your graduation forms and go through the normal graduation process.  This does not affect the transition to a Bachelor degree process and generally completes the first two years of the Bachelor program. 

 It is not necessary, however, to achieve the Associate degree prior to transitioning to a Bachelor program if the requirements have been met.  Requirements include having completed English 1101 and all Area A Math and having a GPA of 2.0 or higher.  If the Area A coursework is not completed, the GPA must be a 3.0 or higher.  All Learning Support and CPC requirements that a student may have entered the UNG needing to satisfy must be completed prior to submitting the request to transition degrees.  Residence Hall requirements apply to all full time students who will pursue a degree with Dahlonega as their home campus.  See the UNG Catalogue “Residence Policy” for detailed information:

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top