New Student Housing Application Process
The student must apply and be accepted as a residential student to the University of North Georgia (UNG).
2. Confirmation Deposit
The student must pay a confirmation deposit of $200 to the Admissions Office. This fee is refunded when the student attends UNG for 10 days.
3. Confirmation Deposit Received
Once the confirmation deposit is received in the Admissions Office, the Residence Life Office may access the student's information, including his or her request to be a residential student.
4. Housing Information Email
The Residence Life Office will send housing information (via email) to the residential student's University of North Georgia email account.
5. Housing Deposit
6. Housing Portal
7. Roommate Requests
Roommate requests must be confirmed in order for one roommate to select a bedroom for both roommates. However, any student may choose a room with an empty bed without confirming an existing occupant as their roommate.
8. Moving Instructions Letter
Letters will be emailed out around the first week of July for fall semester housing' and around the first week of December for spring semester housing, detailing the moving instructions.
Housing Deposit Instructions
- Log into Banner using the information that you received from Admissions
- Select "Student" → "Nighthawk Registration" → "Student Invoice" → "Continue"
- Once in the Touchnet screen, select "eDeposits" from the black menu bar
- Select the term that you will be starting at UNG and then click "Select"
- Select the "Residence Hall Deposit" (unless living in Owen, then select "Owen Hall Deposit") then click "Select"
- Verify deposit name and the $250.00 dollar amount
- Select your payment method:
- For Credit Card payments (additional 2.75% fee will be added for credit card transactions): Select "Credit Card via Paypath"
- For webCheck payments (no additional charge): Select "New Electronic Check"
- Once payment method selected, click "Select" and follow the instructions.
Spring 2016 Housing
- November 9, 2015
Fall 2016 Housing
- February 2016
Under 18 Need Guarantor Signature
If you are under 18, you need to complete a paper Housing Contract for Fall/Spring or Summer sessions and have your parent sign the contract:
Return the completed form to the Residence Life Office in one of the following ways:
- Scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to, or drop off at:
- Residence Life
361 Stewart Center
Dahlonega, GA 30597
- Residence Life
- Fax to (706) 867-2845 (please call to confirm)