Title IX Coordinators and their Roles
What is Title IX
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (20 U.S.C. § 1681) provides that no person shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
The following are examples of types of sex-based discrimination prohibited by Title IX:
- Sexual harassment, including sexual assault, occurring in connection with any academic, athletic,
- Extracurricular, or other university program, regardless of the location;
- Discriminatory decision-making by a supervisor of an employee based on the employee's sex;
- Failure to provide equitable opportunity for participation in intercollegiate sports; or
- Disproportionate awards of athletic scholarships.
Pursuant to Title IX and its regulations (34 C.F.R. Part 106), the University of North Georgia's (UNG) Title IX Coordinator is the designated university official with primary responsibility for coordinating the university's compliance with Title IX and other federal and state laws and regulations relating to sex-based discrimination.
The Title IX Coordinator:
- promotes the creation of policies, procedures and notifications designed to ensure university compliance with Title IX;
- oversees implementation of compliance procedures, including investigation and disposition of complaints;
- answers questions and provides guidance about Title IX compliance and the university's related policies and procedures;
- acts as liaison to the state and federal agencies that enforce Title IX;
- helps ensure the campus community and university employees with Title IX compliance responsibilities are adequately trained and educated; and
- monitors all other aspects of the university's Title IX compliance.
Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Coordinators
|David Marling||Title IX Coordinator||DAH||Downtown Office Bldg. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alyson Paul||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||DAH||Stewart email@example.com|
|Darren Martin||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||DAH||Downtown Office Bldg.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mary Rob Plunkett||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||DAH||Memorial Hall||Maryrob.Plunkett@ung.edu|
|Cara Ray||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||GVL/CUM||Student Centeremail@example.com|
|Stacie Rowley||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||GVL||Student Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michelle Brown||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||OCN||Administrationemail@example.com|
|Kelly Manley||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||OCN||Faculty Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Misty McDonald||Title IX Investigator||DAH||DOB 114||Misty.McDonald@ung.edu|
|Blake Podsen||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||DAH||Memorial Hall 120||Blake.Podsen@ung.edu|
|Brandi Williams||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||DAH||Stewart email@example.com|
|Derrick Holmes||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||DAH||Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kelly McFaden||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||DAH||Dunlap 212Demail@example.com|
|Robert Robinson||Deputy Coordinator - Title IX||GVL||Student Center firstname.lastname@example.org|