Do You Need to Make-up a Test?
In the event that you need to make up a test, your instructor may place a test for you to take in the ACTT Center, located on the Gainesville Campus. To take your test, you will need to go to the front desk and ask for your test under your instructor’s name and show a picture ID. The front desk attendant will give you directions for the test and will show you to the testing room. Make sure you turn off your cell phone! Active cell phones or any signs of cheating are grounds for having your test taken away.
Make-up Testing Policies and Procedures
The ACTT Center monitors make-up tests for students who miss a test in class, as well as tests for students needing extra time or other considerations resulting from a properly diagnosed need. The testing room accommodates up to twelve (12) students at a time and is monitored by video cameras and ACTT front desk personnel. Electronic devices other than calculators are not allowed. Private testing rooms and other accommodations are scheduled through Student Disability Services. eCore students should contact the Testing Center at 678-717-3863.
When taking a make-up test, students will need to ask for the test at the front desk in the ACTT Center. They will also need the following:
- Instructor’s name
- A picture ID
- A pencil/pen
- The required materials for the test (e.g., a scantron, calculator, etc.)
- Cell phone turned OFF
Students using the make-up testing facilities are subject to UNG’s Student Conduct Code and Student Handbook policies.
- The ACTT Center does not proctor tests for entire classes. This would include re-testing, extra credit testing, or any type of testing that is not make-up testing. Any tests that are not make-up tests will be returned to the instructor immediately upon discovery. Electronic devices other than calculators are not allowed. eCore students should contact the Testing Center at 678-717-3863.
- Instructors will need to complete a test referral form for each student’s make-up test.
- All make-up tests should be hand-delivered, sent by campus mail, or submitted electronically with a completed test referral form for each student.
- Students who take makeup tests in the ACTT Center are not allowed to leave the ACTT Center with their tests. To maintain test security, students may not personally deliver their tests to their instructors. Instructors should collect any completed tests from the ACTT front desk or request that tests be returned via intercampus mail.