How to Replace an Image
In this exercise, you will learn how to replace an existing image on your website. This process may also be used to replace an existing document. This process comes in handy because you won't need to re-establish links. When the web pages with updated images or pages are published
Online Training Instructions
- You should still be logged into the web-training website.
- You will use an image provide for this exercise.
- The location of the image is U Drive:/
- Website content owner has identified you as a web content editor to the webteam
- Faculty/Staff Network ID - obtain from Division of Information Technology
- For Cascade Online training:
- Access to the web-training website
- Know how to login to a specific webpage
- Familiar with Cascade interface
- Familiar with folder structure of your website
- Know how to drag and drop or browse to find an image on a computer or network
- Log in to Cascade.
- Go to your website, if you’re not there.
- Click on the "_uploads" folder, and then the "images" folder.
- Find and select the image you are wanting to replace.
- In the panel on the right, click the "Edit" tab
- In the middle of this box, click on the "Browse" button and find your image.
- Click on the image and select open. Update the image title and description, this is optional.
- The original filename will not change. If you need to update the filename, send an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click "Submit".